By Philip Gulley, and subtitled "Rediscovering the Values of Jesus". The best way to introduce this book is to simply list the Table of Contents.
If the Church Were Christian,
- Jesus Would Be a Model for Living Rather Than an Object of Worship
- Affirming Our Potential Would Be More Important Than Condemning Our Brokenness
- Reconciliation Would Be Valued over Judgement
- Gracious Behaviour Would Be More Important Than Right Belief
- Inviting Questions Would Be Valued More Than Supplying Answers
- Encouraging Personal Exploration Would Be More Important Than Communal Uniformity
- Meeting Needs Would Be More Important Than Maintaining Institutions
- Peace Would Be More Important Than Power
- It Would Care More About Love and Less About Sex
- This Life Would Be More Important Than the Afterlife
Since this is a churchwide bookstudy, meetings will be held in a number of venus from February 26, 2012 through the end of April, 2012.